blog banner photo PhotoGrid_1421873873020-1_zpsc01ea8a5.jpg

Thursday 11 December 2014

A/W 2014 Lookbook

 

For today's post I thought I'd share a few of my go to outfits for this Autumn/ Winter season. As a full time poorly person I am most often in my pyjamas but when I do get to put on 'actual' clothes there are a few things I need to think about. 

1. Comfort, comfort, comfort- being in pain most of the time means that you need to be as comfortable as possible. I've had to throw away lots of boots and shoes that were tight around ankles or knees because the fibromyalgia monster does not like things against my joints.

2. Layers- My temperature control fluctuates so I need to be able to have options with my clothes

3. No jeans! As someone that used to live in jeans this is weird but as I'm sat down a lot or out in my wheelchair you don't want anything that will dig into your belly. Again it's about comfort.

4. Clothing that's easy to put on and take off. I usually need assistance in getting dressed but either way the easier things are the better. If you've ever got stuck in a dress or top and been stuck with your arms in the air wriggling about you'll understand.

You'll also see from this post that I love a bargain. So moving on to outfits. Firstly let me explain, that some items on this post are new and others are a few years old, so may not be still available. I have provided links where possible.

Dress: Induldge
Tights: New Look
Cardigan:Ebay

Outfit one: I love wearing dresses and actually enjoy wearing them in these colder months but with tights and boots and a big chunky cardigan. It's both comfy and cute. I love that these boots have a faux fur lining to keep my feet and legs extra cosy. Can you believe they were only £5?

Jumper: Primark
Jeggings: Asda

For a super easy, not much effort required outfit, that is perfect for someone like me, I like to pull on a comfy jumper and a pair of jeggings or leggings. I find jeggings much easier to manage than jeans (like I said above) and the elasticated waist means I'm not cut off at the stomach. This jumper is really warm and comfy (how many times can I say comfy?) I'm liking the trend of pastels for the Autumn/ Winter. I think it lifts your mood by injecting some pretty colour to an outfit. I also have this jumper in mint and cream. Yes I'm one of those if I like it I will buy several colours people.

Cardigan: Forever 21
Top: Induldge
Jeggings: Primark
Hat: H&M

This next look is much more of a bolder look for me. Yet it still ticks the boxes of being comfortable. I actually sent this cardigan back as I wasn't too sure about it but I am still on the look out for something similar but a bit more flattering. I like that this top has a necklace attached a 2 in 1 for effort. I love this hat, I purchased it a few years back. My only annoyance is now that I'm in a wheelchair to get out and about my shoulders tend to push the hat up so it looks a bit crazy. Also these boots are proving to be comfy. I got these as the over the knee style means they are not digging into the back of my knee and aggravating my fibro pain. Again can you believe they were only £5?!

Dress: Induldge
Cardigan: Asda
Boots: New Look

I call this my Rock and Rose look. I like combining a floral print with an edgier look; complete with a pair of biker boots. I keep going to say Rock boots as they just make me think of the Pink song 'So What?' I do love a floral print dress and teaming them up with tights, boots and a chunky knit cardigan makes a great combo for the colder months.

Dress: Induldge
Cardigan: Ebay

Another quick go to outfit for Autumn/ winter is a fine knit/ fleece dress. Honestly they are so warm it's fantastic. Like a thermal vest. So this can be a great option for if I want to look a bit smarter but warm and toasty at the same time. I usually team them with tights or leggings and boots and a cardigan. Below are a couple of other designs I have. 

 

If I'm going to be outside then of course all these outfits get teamed with a coat. And if it's extra cold then I like to wear a snood. 

What are your go to outfits for Autumn/ Winter? And which of these outfits did you like?

Sian x

* Induldge, is  a brand that can be found at Dorothy Perkins and ocassionally on Everything pounds. Everything 5 pounds is a website that buys excess stock and is therefore able to sell it so cheap. When purchasing from there it does not state on the website what brand it is from. Also because of the low pricing many items are only on there for a short period of time, so some of the items in this post will no longer be available.

No comments:

Post a Comment