blog banner photo PhotoGrid_1421873873020-1_zpsc01ea8a5.jpg

Sunday 21 September 2014

London Fashion Week SS 2015: The Swoon Collection

Marchesa

Last week was strictly a bed rest week however I did have some entertainment in the form of feasting my eyes on some of the fab photos courtesy of London Fashion Week. Here are a few of my favourites. 

As seen above, the gorgeous gowns at Marchesa made me want to dress up as a Princess all over again. Do you think they'll let me borrow one for Team Princess 2015? It's floral done at its best. I love the swish and softness of the gowns. But on the other hand that structured floral dress (2nd from the right on the 2nd photo) is just as divine.


Julien MacDonald

There was just so many pieces that I loved to choose from! I'm in love with the prints. I'm in love with the colours. I'm in love with the structure. The gorgeous detailing. It's all so lady like and elegant. I like that it's all very wearable. You know sometimes when you see photos or footage from a catwalk and think 'who would actually wear that?' (Not that I'm saying it's wrong.) However this collection I just want to try it all on right now. Plus I can imagine my friend Hayley in that gorgeous mermaidesque dress.

 
 
Some of my other favourite pieces include (from left to right) Matthew Williamson, Tom Ford, Temperley. I liked the rock and roll of the Tom Ford show, although it seemed strange that such dark colours were used for a Spring/ Summer collection. But black is always a staple choice.
 
Away from the catwalks, the streets of London during fashion week are the place to be seen and showcase your style. From those on the front row, celebs and fashion bloggers. Those invited to the shows are just as much on show. It can be a big part of the brands advertising. Getting famous people to wear their pieces and showcasing them to their millions of fans. 
 
My absolute favourite piece just has to be this gorgeous geometric print navy beauty from Julien MacDonald. Navy is such a classic colour, it's so elegant. I love how flattering the design is, with the lighter coloured sides. I JUST LOVE IT, FULL STOP.
 
And let's hand it to Moschino's Barbie girl collection for letting us know it's okay to dress like Elle Woods. I'm off to get a Chihuahua.
Erdem
 
Faustine Steinmetz
 
As a former stage manager what appeals to me other than the clothes is the whole production. The theatre of it. How each designer has chosen to create the perfect setting to showcase their collection and its concept. I just love it. Erdem, was themed around a Victorian hot house. It started with white, very ladylike gowns, but the more time they spent in the hot house they turned into these beautiful wild birds of paradise. I also liked Faustine Steinmetz presentation, where all the models were laid out like mannequins, on turntables. Whistles took over a tube station corridor as their catwalk and had the models coming down the escalator beforehand.
 
I can't wait to see how the high street translate it all and produce to these styles and at prices I can afford.
 
What were your favourite collections or pieces?
 
Sian x

4 comments:

  1. Seriously in love with the Moschino outfit! I would love to dress like Elle Woods although I'm sure I'd get some strange looks lol maybe one day....! :D I loved the Elie Saab stuff but I'm obsessed with everything he ever designs! Burberry were amazing this year and I really liked the fearne cotton for Very.co.uk show, I love her style because it's so different to mine :) Chloe

    http://www.chloe-meandme.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Burberry show was great too. I can't get James Bay song out of my head. Can you? X

      Delete